Quit smoking and Stop Dying
“Smoking is injurious to health”, ” Smoking causes Lung cancer.”
We are seeing this warning everywhere, even the packet of cigarette is embedded with this warning.Still you are not aware of the danger that is coming to your life!
All I have to say is that ‘you are paving the path to your own death’.
Now let me give some questions to ask yourself
- Why can’t you quit smoking?
- What kind of pleasure are you getting while smoking?
- Have you ever thought of your loved ones while smoking?
- Have you got relief from the stress forever?
And the last and the most important one,
- Have you ever thought of quitting smoking?
Think yourself and give answers to your heart.
It’s not a big deal to quit smoking and make your life a blissful one.But before that your mindset should change and should be ready to face the challenge.
First of all we should need to know about the harmful effects of smoking, only then you can make a pledge to get rid of smoking by yourself.
Why can’t you quit smoking?
Mark Twain once said,”Quitting smoking is easy, I’ve done it a thousand times.”.
Some of you may have tried to quit the smoking but failed to implement it, is it?
Now you may be thinking that what substance is there in the cigarette that makes it an addiction?The answer for this question is “Nicotine”. Nicotine is a drug usually present in tobacco which is one of the most addictive substances.The person who is using tobacco will be addicted to nicotine both physically and mentally.This makes you feel that you cannot stop smoking.
Once you overcome this mental pressure it’s easy to stay away from smoking.The earlier stages might be very hard, but it’s not hard as lifting a rock!What I am saying is that once you prepare yourself to face the challenge you can easily quit smoking.
What are the harmful effects of smoking?
Smoking can cause various types of diseases and health problems.It can make severe damage to the whole body system and the smooth functioning of the body.Some of the effects of smoking are listed below;
- It causes cancer in various parts of body such as lungs, esophagus, pancreas and many more.
- It leads to breathlessness due to swelling and also increase the risk of lung infection.
- Smoking can make various physical damages including deafness, blindness, cavities and so on.
- Smoking raises the blood pressure and thus increase the stress on the heart.
- Smoking makes the blood sticky which makes it difficult for the heart to move the blood around the
body.Sticky blood also makes clot in the body.
- Nicotine makes damages in the bloodstream which is the medium for the passage of blood and oxygen.Thus, the wound takes more time to heal as it takes more time to provide the sufficient nutrients and oxygen to the wound.
Now the question coming to your mind would be what benefits would I get from quitting smoking?
The one-word answer for your question is “Live Long!”.Yes, you can live long and better life if you quit smoking.
You can completely make your body in your control and you can bring up the body for smooth functioning of it.
It also makes your skin smoother and makes you younger.
Passive smoking can increase the risk of cancer in non-smokers and when you quit smoking you are also saving the life of your loved ones.
Now you know the pros and cons of smoking and you may be thinking how you can get rid of this addiction
Here is step by step guide about staying away from tobacco addiction
- First of all you should set your mind to face your enemy, that is the tobacco.Once you get the control of mind, the later stages would be easier for you.
- Next you should fix a day to QUIT.It would be good to make the day a week later so that you can set your mind.
- After fixing the day, tell you relatives and friends that you are planning to quit smoking and ask them to support you during the upcoming days.Support from the family can surely give a positive energy to you.
- Stay away from people, places and things that urge you to smoke.Throw away the cigarette packets and ashtrays from your home and working places, go for a hangout with non-smokers and go to the places where smoking is not allowed.
- Making yourself busy is one of the best way to stay away from smoking.Chew a gum or a candy, drink a lot of water, exercise and change the routine plans.All these can make you feel busy and helps you to stay away from tobacco.
By this way, you can be free from smoking addiction and can lead a happy and prosperous life.
At first, you may feel quite difficult and disturbed to follow the new plans.But once you make your will stronger it won’t be much difficult to climb the mountain of addiction.
Be ready to through you last packet of cigarrette !