Q: What is the rating system used on Pop Culture World News?
A: Pop Culture World News uses a five star rating system of whole stars only. The breakdown of the ratings is:
- Rating: = Given out very rarely, this rating is reserved for something of creative excellence that is unique and innovative. Something that could very well turn out to be the best in its genre for the year.
- Rating: = Definitely above average and something that you should make every effort to go see or read. You will be glad you did and your life will be richer for it.
- Rating: = Just average and run of the mill. There’s some entertainment value, but nothing that really makes it stand apart from the crowd.
- Rating: = There’s some spark of something entertaining here, but unfortunately just way too many flaws to make it enjoyable.
- Rating: = The worst of the worst. No redeeming value whatsoever. You’ll never get this time in your life back again.
Q: How are the bonus features on your Blu-ray reviews rated?
A: We watch absolutely all of the bonus features that a studio includes on their Blu-ray and will highlight some of the key elements in the review itself. We keep things simple by having only three categories for our ratings:
- EXTENSIVE: There is so much bonus material that you would be pretty much geared to write a PhD dissertation on the film after watching.
- AVERAGE: What one would expect to find in the bonus feature section. Maybe some making of featurettes and feature length commentary.
- LACKING: Bonus features are either completely non-existant or were merely an afterthought and don’t give any real insight into the making of the film.
Q: I’m a freelance writer. Can I contribute to Pop Culture World News?
A: Absolutely! To become a contributor on Pop Culture World News, the first step is to send a query of your proposed article to us by clicking HERE. Your query should include what your article will be about, why you believe that you would be the best person to write it and approximately how many words do you expect your article to be. DO NOT SEND AN ARTICLE TO US WITHOUT FIRST SENDING A QUERY. Any unsolicited articles sent to us will not be read. Ever.
Q: I found an error on Pop Culture World News. Should I email someone?
A: Please do! Any errors or omissions can be directed to us by clicking HERE.
Q: Why haven’t you written about my favorite movie/TV show/comic/book yet? Can I suggest a celebrity for you to interview?
A: We’re definitely open to suggestions! If there is a story that you are dying to see us do, by all means let us know! CLICK HERE to send us an email.
Q: Can you put me in touch with my favorite celebrity?
A: Sorry, we do not forward any messages to the celebrities that we interview.
Q: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
A: African or European?
Q: I totally disagreed with one of your site’s reviews.
A: Make sure and leave a comment on the review explaining why you disagree. We welcome any and all feedback and love hearing everyone’s opinion. Remember, reviews are completely subjective, so you’re bound to disagree with us. Instead of just saying that you thought something we raved about though was “lame,” tell us why you thought so.