Picture 12 Pack, Pink Breast Cancer Ribbon Non Slip Headbands, Team Gifts with regard to Pink Headbands For Breast Cancer
Risks and facts about breast cancer
The basic fact of breast cancer begins with knowing what breast cancer is all about. It is the stage when some cells of the breast show signs of abnormality and the cells start to increase in size, multiply in numbers and form new cells which the human body does not require and those new cells do not function correctly in the body too. The cells which are not required or are too many more for the body form a lump and can be called a tumor. This type of tumor might be might be harmless or can be cancerous. In the beginning stage of the cancer tumors, they are too tiny to be detected unfortunately. They cannot be felt either. With time they stretch out to large parts of the breast and also to other parts of the body. This leads to a disastrous health condition and the most vulnerable fact of breast cancer lies here in this fact that it can lead to loss of human life.
Every human differs from one another and so for this likely reason there are different symptoms in different people regarding cancer. It will be surprising to many that there are some people who did not possess any form of symptom while having breast cancer. It should be noted here that people should have a general idea of facts about breast cancer and once a while there should be customary mammogram done. Some of the symptoms or signs are as follows;
- Pain in the breast
- Swelling of the breast
- A lump or mass near or in the breast or under the arm
- Pain and irritation of the nipple
- Discharge of a liquid which is not milk from the nipple
- Dry and rough skin on the breast
- Redness on the breast and persistence of irritation on it
It is to be noted that sometimes even with these signs there is no condition of breast cancer which can be a true relief for the person concerned.
There are certain basic facts about breast cancer and why they occur. Some of them are as follows:
- Females are at a risk of breast cancer
- Heredity- people having had breast cancer in the family
- Starting to menstruate before age 12 and having menopause after 55 years of age
- Having the first child at a later stage in life or not having a child at all
- Not having to breast feed a child
- Consuming alcohol
- No control over weight
- No proper exercise of the body
- Usage of pills for controlling pregnancy
- Using therapy involving hormones for a long period of time
As said earlier too, some people do not face any form of symptoms while having breast cancer and so the most important fact about breast cancer remains that one must go for frequent checks whatsoever.